Thank you for your interest in submitting a nomination for The BBC Good Food Middle East Awards 2019, please take the time to read our terms and conditions carefully before beginning the form.
Nomination Terms & Conditions
- The full list of categories open for nominations can be found here, please take a look at this before starting your nomination form.
- Restaurants and brands cannot pay to be nominated and/or move through to the consumer vote stage.
- No financial cost to nominees is incurred for participation or success. Neither is any financial compensation, or any other benefit offered to the judging panel.
- Only restaurants and brands open on or before 1st January 2019 with a valid trade licence are permitted to submit a nomination.
- Nominations can only be submitted by the restaurant or brand Owner/CEO, Marketing Director or PR Agency. Please do not submit a nomination if you are not in one of these positions.
- Nomination form must be completed in full or will be disregarded.
- Please do not nominate your restaurant/brand more than once in a category. Mass nominations will be disregarded entirely.
- You can nominate your restaurant/brand in more than one category; however please only select the category/s you feel best suit your brand only. Mass nominations in non-relevant categories may be disregarded entirely.
- Submitting a nomination does not guarantee you will proceed to the consumer voting stage.
- Nominations will be reviewed by an undisclosed panel of chefs, food critics, and food bloggers based in the GCC.
- If your nomination is successful you will be contacted via email, week commencing Sunday 14th April.
- Nominations open Sunday 3rd Feb.
- Nominations close Thursday 4th April.
- Consumer Voting opens Sunday 28th April.
- Top 10 nominees will be announced Sunday 1st September and consumer voting will continue.
- Voting Closes Sunday 3rd November.
- Winners will be announced at The BBC Good Food ME Awards on Wednesday 27th November.
Categories not open for Nominations;
1. BBC Good Food Middle East Chef of The Year;
- Four chefs are selected based on their restaurant having received the top four highest votes in our Fine Dining Restaurant - Abu Dhabi and Fine Dining Restaurant - Dubai & Northern Emirates categories (2) as of 1st September.
- The four chefs will then take part in a cooking competition on 3rd November at The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
2. Restaurant of The Year - Abu Dhabi and Restaurant of The Year - Dubai & Northern Emirates;
- The winners of these two categories are selected by gaining the most votes in their respective Fine Dining Categories. The list full list of ‘Fine Dining’ categories can be found here.